Below is what you need to know for your belt test. Each student is required a minimum of 30 classes before testing for yellow belt.
Basic Motion (White Stripe)
Attention (Cha Ryut)
Bow (Kyong yet)
Ready Motion (Chun be)
Fighting stance (Mot sohgi)
Ride horse stance punch attack (kima jasi kong kyuk)
Poomse / Forms (Blue Stripe)
Kicho Ilbu - Basic Form 1
(All Front Stances)
Self defense – against wrist grab (left) (Green Stripe)
All curriculum has been abbreviated. You must learn in class first, this is only to serve as a reminder.
Students should know how to do all self defense techniques from a right AND a left attack.
1. Expand hand, step foot, strike attacker's wrist, block, then middle punch, keyop
2. Expand hand, step foot, strike attacker's wrist and knife hand to attacker’s neck, keyop.
3. Expand hand, step in while pulling your left into your body, slide rear foot in while elbowing, keyop
4. Palm strike face, expand the hand, step back to release grab, front kick to groin. Keyop
Terminology (Yellow Stripe)
1. Hahna 4. Net 7. Il-gop 10. Yeol
2. Dul 5. Da-sot 8. Yo dol
3. Set 6. Yo-sot 9. Ah hob
Required Break (Brown Stripe)– front kick
Sparring (Orange Stripe)
Use of Blocks and Front kick
2 class min.
Black belt attitude: Having a ‘black belt attitude’ is demonstrated in everyday conversations, actions, and reactions to situations. We want to encourage you to be polite and respectful by using phrases in class and outside of class that reflect a positive self concept such as:
Yes sir/ma’am No sir/ma’am Thank you Please
The Family that Kicks together, sticks together!
The video below will help you learn and review what you have been taught in class. Use this to help you get ready to test for your next belt.