The Family that Kicks together, sticks together!
Below is what you need to know for your belt test. Each student is required a minimum of 45 classes before testing for Green belt.
Basic Motion (White stripe)
Ax kick (out/in & in/out)
Cat stance, out to in middle fist block
Dbl Middle knife hand block
Dbl Low knife hand block
Jump front kick in place
Poomse (Blue stripe)
Taegeuk Sahm Jang (3)
Self defense (against 2 punches) (Green Stripe)
All curriculum has been abbreviated. You must learn in class first, this is only to serve as a reminder.
Students should know how to do all self defense techniques from a right AND a left attack.
1. In/out middle fist block, In/out middle fist block, ax kick , keyop
2. In/out middle fist block, In/out middle fist block, back kick, keyop
3. In/out middle fist block, In/out middle fist block, spinning cresent, keyop
(against one punch)
4. Slide in, double forearm block, gooseneck grab behind neck and grab wrist, pull down, then knee, keyop
5. Slide step back, slide front kick, jump front kick, double punch, keyop
6. Slide step back, Slide front kick, pop up front kick, double punch, keyop
Kicking Combination (Red stripe)
Start with right leg back fighting stance, do once, then left leg back, do again
1. Slide front kick, rear leg front kick, slide front kick, rear leg front kick, double punch, keyop. Switch & repeat
2. Slide front kick, rear leg round house, slide front kick, rear leg round house, double punch, keyop. Switch & repeat
Required Break (Brown stripe) – Roundhouse kick
Sparring (orange stripe)
Use of Ax kick and Knife hand block
3 class min.
Terminology (Yellow stripe)
Memorization (Yellow stripe)
Student CreedI will develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that would endanger my mental growth or physical health
I will develop self discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.
I will use what I learn in class constructively and defensively to help myself and my fellow man and never be abusive or offensive.