The Family that Kicks together, sticks together!
Below is what you need to know for your belt test. Each student is required a minimum of 30 classes before testing for purple belt.
Basic Motion (White stripe)
Back kick (straight back, no turn)
Cresent kick (in to out/out to in)
Hammer fist, horse stance moving forward
Front stance wedge block
Front stance in to out forearm block
Slide step - slide rear foot up then step with front
Poomse (Blue stripe)
Taegeuk E Jang (2)
Turn 180 to left-Joonbe
Self defense (against punch) (Green stripe)
All curriculum has been abbreviated. You must learn in class first, this is only to serve as a reminder.
Students should know how to do all self defense techniques from a right AND a left attack.
1. Step forward, forearm block, punch low, punch high, then roundhouse to ribs, keyop
2. Step forward, forearm block, punch low, punch high, then roundhouse to stomach, keyop
3. Step forward, forearm block punch, punch low, punch high, then side kick to stomach, keyop
4. Defense against choke: bring your arm over attacker's arms, grab wrist and lock down while turning body perpendicular then elbow to head, keyop
5. Defense against tackle: double straight arm to shoulders, sprawl then step in and knee, keyop
Memorization (Yellow stripe)
Tenets of Taekwondo: (12 & over should know meanings)
Courtesy: behavior that demonstrates consideration, cooperation and generosity
Integrity: honesty, trustworthiness and incorruptibility
Perseverance: determination, steadfastness, persisting in spite of difficulties
Self control: exercising restraint over one’s impulses, self-discipline
Indomitable spirit: unconquerable courage, ‘yes I can’ attitude
Required Break (Brown stripe)– back kick (straight back, no turn)
Sparring (orange stripe)
Use of Forearm block and Crescent kick
2 class min.
Black belt attitude: Orange belts and above are strongly encouraged to participate in Xcel sponsored tournaments and/or seminars