The Family that Kicks together, sticks together!
Below is what you need to know for your belt test. Each student is required a minimum of 100 classes before testing for Brown belt.
Basic Motion (White stripe)
Double kicks (round and side) same leg
Jump back kick
Pop up back kick
Diamond Knife hand block
Poomse (Blue stripe)
Taegeuk Chil Jang (7)
Self defense (knife defense) (Green stripe)
All curriculum has been abbreviated. You must learn in class first, this is only to serve as a reminder.
Students should know how to do all self defense techniques from a right AND a left attack.
Side kick attack:
1. Step forward and right, block and hold kick, grab collar push to floor, punch, keyop
2. Step forward and left, block right, kick standing leg behind knee with right, keyop
3. Step forward and left, block right, step behind grab around neck, throw to floor, punch, keyop
4. Headlock: Get air, then left arm goes behind and over should then under chin and pull back, groin strike with right, then left hand finger on pressure point under nose, pull back and knife hand to neck with right while stepping in front, keyop
Kicking combinations (Red stripe)
Start with right leg back fighting stance, do combo once, then left leg back, do again.
1. Jump front kick, rear leg front kick, jump front kick, rear leg front kick, double punch, keyop, switch, repeat
2. Slide side kick, back kick, slide side kick, back kick, back kick, double punch, keyop, repeat
3. Left jab, right cross. Left cross step round kick, right outside ax kick, right cross step round kick, left outside ax kick, right wheel kick, double punch, keyop, switch, repeat
4. Slide front kick, rear leg front kick, jump front kick, pop up front kick, double punch, keyop, switch, repeat
Terminology (Yellow stripe)
1. Inward Ahnuro
2. Outward Bahkuro
3. High Sang Dan
4. Reverse Bahndae
5. Uppercut Chi
6. Scissor Gahwi
7. Free Sparring Kyorugi
Weapons (Purple stripe)
Bo basics- side block, figure 8’s (1 & 2 hand), overhead, behind back
Required Break (Brown Stripe)– spinning hook kick or wheel
Sparring (Orange stripe)
Use of Double Kicks and Checking
6 Class minimum
Falling Technique (Gray Stripe) - Side fall
Black Belt attitude:
Advanced Belts are to support the instructors as in putting away or getting out equipment and cleaning up. Take pride in your school, do not leave it messy.
Advanced belts are also expected to help out at tournaments so that our school continues to demonstrate pride and honor in hosting events.Advanced and Black Belts 15 yrs and older are required to learn to coach and officiate.